Monday, June 04, 2007

Where I've Been


















Source

You may have wondered where I've been the past week or so. I've been having to avoid the computer as sitting for more than 10 minutes at-a-time was toooooooo painful. I've been lucky up until now not to have any major back problems but since my ArtCar caravan to Arizona back in February, I've had a recurring pain in my right hip.

I turn 50 this year, (wow, never thought I'd live to write those words) and as is probably quite normal for a "full-figured" woman, I'm starting to have aches and pains. I thought I'd start exercising at a gym (which I hate doing) to try and keep these aging bones in shape. Unfortunately the gym I picked, while convenient, didn't have professional trainers. I hurt myself but good on one of their stupid machines.






















Source

After weeks of acupuncture (the absolutely ONLY thing that reduced the inflammation) and very gentle chiropractic (from a doc who works on Olympic team members no less) I'm feeling so much better. They did, unfortunately, find some arthritis at the base of my spine (between the sacrum and pelvis) which isn't good news. But I'm back at Weight Watchers (my 12th time since 1974) and losing weight already. I'll soon start physical therapy via Pilates ordered by my doctor.

So, this is why I've been quiet here on the blog. I didn't intend to share my sob story, especially since it doesn't have anything to do with either politics or art but since it's keeping me from pursuing both of those interests I wanted to say something about it.














The VainVan

I'm also resting up, and preparing for a trip to Seattle. I'll be driving the VainVan up for the annual ArtCar Blow Out (in conjunction with the Fremont Fair). It's loads of fun but an 850 mile drive so I'll be taking lots of breaks along the way and stretching my back out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Serenity said...

today is the day that i'm not heading north. after 4 annual roadtrips to canada, the last 3, taking part in the seattle art car blowout; today, wednesday june13, the day that i would be leaving if i could be going, but i can't, so i'm not. i'm not heading north today. also, i can't even take a spin in grooovalicious purple princess of peace. she's still broken down, since march 30.
so emily and ken, i hope that your trip is full of love and happiness.
love
avril

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home