Saturday, August 12, 2006

Guest Artist: Charlie Milgrim Revisits The Blog












Imperialist Jello © Charlie Milgrim 2006

















Detail: Imperialist Jello © Charlie Milgrim 2006

You'll find Charlie's other work posted HERE


Charlie Milgrim Bio:

I grew up in New York City, where I was visually bombarded by aggressive commercial images. In my artwork I appropriate those early visceral impressions and re-contextualize them for political dialog.

I moved to the seismically unstable San Francisco Bay Area and have responded by working with materials that harness gravity as an active element. My installations function as ominously mocking conceptual reminders of destructive forces, both natural and political.

I attended the California College of the Arts for my BFA and UC Berkeley for my MFA. I currently teach high school art and enthusiastically co-sponsor my schools Peace Club.

Please respect the work of the artists you see here and be sure to credit them when you share their artwork with others.

To share your opinion on this or any other post, please click the word "COMMENTS" below.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Stevenson said...

I absolutely LOVE the imperialist jello! Thanks for sharing some great artwork on your blog.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home