Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Rustle of Resistance

Artist Unknown


I'm happy to report an excellent response to my call for artwork from my personal network. Many talented artists who've been working away, since the Bush regime takeover of our federal government, are sending images of their work. I'll begin posting it very soon!

In the meantime, I'd like to post some constructive, inspiring writings from progressives. Yes, there is such a thing...a lot of it in fact...it's just not getting much air time. Here's my attempt to help ideas that may be America's salvation (I mean that in the democratic not religious sense.)

Thom Hartmann, a progressive author and radio personality, is in the process of writing anti-doublespeak tips for Democrats to use against the radical right wing sound-byte machine. He calls the series, "Reclaim the Issues". Here is the first of three articles he posted on Common Dreams:

Reclaim the Issues - "Occupation, Not War"
Thom Hartmann's Website



Please respect the work of the artists you see here and be sure to credit them when you share their artwork with others.

To share your opinion on this or any other post, please click the word "COMMENTS" below.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can find some good old timey type artwork at http://www.oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm. Also there is a great list of 14 points of fascism, with great links and resources. (Not all having to do with art, but you'll forgive me)

I continue to keep my eyes open, and will share when I find stuff

3:57 PM  
Blogger Emily Duffy said...

Thanks friend!

Here's the active to the 14 Points of Fasicism brrrrr.

From Project for the OLD American Century

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home